We are seeking a Senior IT Systems Administrator for a growing industrial manufacturing focused company to importing data into an enterprise resource system and writing and running reports from the system. This position will provide help desk support for the company software system and will train end-users on software functionality and use. A successful history that demonstrates commitment and dependability is required. This is an entry level position for a very people orientated company and can become a long term career opportunity that can lead to opportunities for growth. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and to grow a career within a dynamic industry.
This role will also partly be responsible maintaining a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
Key Responsibilities for Network Administration Include:
- Defining network policies and procedures
- Specifying system requirements and design solutions
- Researching and making recommendations on server system administration and network.
- Fully supporting, configuring, maintaining and upgrading corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
- Installing and supporting LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Supporting and administering third-party applications
- Ensuring network security and connectivityMonitoring network performance and testing for weaknesses
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- 2+ years’ experience working in a company IT environment with hardware (computers, servers, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners, and network cabling) experience required.
- Experience hands on with networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with trouble-shooting hardware, software, TCP/IP, applications, OS as well as diagnosing and root cause analysis of technical issues.
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Deployment toolkit and Windows Deployment Services
- Good Understanding of TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, DHCP, and DNS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Desktop Operating Systems, Windows 7, 10
Other preferred experience:
- Experience implementing, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring the production of a virtual infrastructure environment (VMware)
- PowerShell, C++, C# or other programming experience is a plus
- NIST 800-171 experience would be a bonus
- Networking experiences with Cisco, Dell, Fortigate, and Checkpoint
- Experience with Local Area Network technologies (Firewall, Switches, Routers, VPN, etc.)
- Desktop Central Management or similar Unified Endpoint Management solutions
- Voice-over-IP Zulty’s or similar unified communications
- Sophos Enterprise Console or similar corporate AV products
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores
- Sharepoint 2016 development and management
- Experience with FortiGates firewalls, FortiSwitches, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Experience setting up and configuring server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies