Client is in the process of standardizing all nine operating subsidiaries on a standard application architecture that includes an ERP system (Oracle JD Edwards (JDE)) and CRM system (SalesForce). This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing the implementation of IT projects into multiple sites in US/Canada/Mexico region. Part of the responsibilities will be to oversee the implementation of associated systems supporting automation, digital workflow and business intelligence across key business processes. As the primary program manager, you will be responsible for change management, testing management and communications management for your projects. You will be supported in this role by in-house Development teams and IT leaders and project steering group, and report directly to the Senior Director of Business Applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop project plans to implement large scale enterprise software for business unit. Immediate project priority will be implementation of ERP platform for our Reading business unit over a two-year project period.
· Manage and coordinate an IT implementation projects in North America / Canada and Mexico region
· Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meets project goals and vision. Communicate variances in budget and/or timeline in a timely manner
· Work with stakeholders in the business at all levels to meet their needs and ensure success in the implementation
· Manage any third-party vendors ensuring quality services and timely delivery
· Mobilize the project teams to work together effectively, accurately and delivers are on-time throughout the projects
· Drive daily project management activities including regular project status updates and project team meetings
· Actively manage risks in the project to ensure success
· Manage change within the business with minimal impact on operational effectiveness
· Support regional teams with training on systems and ensure adequate knowledge transfer.
· Coordinate efforts between the Business teams, Information Technology department and other departments as necessary. Act as liaison between users of the system and Information Technology team.
· Drive project meetings and facilitate large group discussions, capture actions, and monitor activity completion through active delivery management
· Drive process efficiency by promoting increased integration of business systems with other systems
· Own issue / risk identification, escalation, resolution and communication with the project team and functional management including BU functional leaders.
· Assure conformance to system architecture, methods, standards & practices & promote their creation.
· Analyze the BU’s competitive position in the use of technology in relation to industry best practices.
· Prepare, present & review overall plans, status reviews and reports as required by project and with BU responsible.
Qualifications and Skills:
· PMP certification strongly preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Systems.
· Experience of successful system implementation of any Large ERP projects from initialization to completion, preferably Oracle JDE
· 8+ years’ experience as an IT project manager in a manufacturing environment, automotive experience a plus.
· Six sigma certification (Green belt or higher), preferred.
· Experience of regional project implementation, project governance and stakeholder management
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Project.
· Proven record of accomplishment in implementing change.
· High level of initiative and attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize daily workload and work in a team environment.
· Ability to work independently, identify priorities and work successfully with minimal supervision.
· Strong vendor management skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging others across multiple teams.
· Quality and cost driven.
· Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Strong team player
· Ability to travel 60-70% of the time to domestic locations for IT projects