Senior Human Resources Manager
Our manufacturing client in Jasper, IN is looking to hire a Senior Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager will drive business results by translating strategy into concrete actions and tangible outcomes. The Sr. HRM will champion culture and shape organizational structure by aligning human capital with the organization’s mission, vision and values. The Sr. HRM will drive organizational development by facilitating needs analysis, talent evaluation, planning and development. The Sr. HRM will champion reward systems that drive organizational goals.
- Support, improve, and execute on the company’s labor relations strategy.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of the collective bargaining agreement; providing day-to-day advice and support on contract administration issues and grievances.
- Advise and provide oversight to grievances and arbitration cases
- Establish and maintain rapport with union leaders
- Serve as general advisor on employment law and government regulations, staying abreast of trends and developments in the labor relations discipline
- Know the business; share in responsibility for improving and sustaining business results by ensuring HR strategies are translated into concrete actions and tangible results
- HR-Business KPI owner; leverage data to drive business improvement
- Champion culture by aligning associates with the business mission, vision and values; employee relations champion
- Shape organizational structure by aligning people and capabilities with business requirements and conditions
- Implement position and competency frameworks
- Monitor and foster talent development; facilitate planning, conduct training and measure effectiveness
- Develop and administer reward systems that drive organizational goals
- Plan for succession and identify the values, behaviors and skills required for current and future business needs
- Enable a working environment where sharing knowledge and expertise is not inhibited
- Monitor and provide excellent HR service delivery (timely, accurate, efficient and responsive)
- Assist in development and delivery of HR process and systems training
- Recruit, manage and continuously develop a world-class HR team
- Negotiation, Impacting, Influencing and Conflict Management Skills.
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Situational Adaptability; adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Drives Engagement; creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Optimizes Talent; attracts top talent, builds effective teams, develops talent & values differences
- Plans and aligns; plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- BS in HR or related field
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Experience in the lead HR role for labor negotiations, contract administration, and prior manufacturing experience required.
- Firm grasp of the fundamentals of HR Management; minimum of 5 years relevant manufacturing experience in a unionized facility; career advancement within at least one organization
- Demonstrated business acumen and ownership of HR KPIs; using business, HR and safety data to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrated organizational development skills – developing and aligning structure, people, processes and reward systems with business objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving and change management experience
- Demonstrated experience leading positive associate relations and communication programs
- Union/Labor Relations background is required.