This highly visible role within the Financial Reporting Group is a vital resource in accounting and reporting for some of most interesting accounting areas. Serves as a key contributor to determine the appropriate accounting treatment related to significant unusual transactions. This role will provide a candidate the opportunity to problem solve, recommend solutions and help drive process changes as continues to develop and evolve into the future. Reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements and disclosures for external issuance in compliance with the accounting and reporting requirements of the SEC and FASB.
- Administer the accounting and reporting for pension plans, deferred compensation liabilities, related nonqualified employee benefits trusts and other post-retirement benefits. This includes account analyses, coordination with our actuaries and internal controls.
- Perform the accounting and reporting for natural gas derivatives, including preparing journal entries, running monthly reports, and assist in technical accounting questions as appropriate in accordance with accounting rules. Assist in maintaining compliance with governmental derivative regulations. Review of contracts for embedded derivatives.
- Assist in other technical accounting areas that may include, but are not limited to, revenue recognition, stock compensation, EPS, leases, asset retirement obligations and post-retirement benefits. This may include the review of legal agreements, preparation of journal entries, performance of account reconciliations, and preparation of internal reports and presentations. Operate as a point of contact for other internal departments, such as Raw Materials, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Legal, UK Finance, etc.
- Serve as a technical accounting resource in the review and evaluation of extraordinary and atypical business transactions to determine the appropriate accounting and external reporting treatment.
- Function as a liaison to review external reports and presentations presented by Management, Investor Relations, Treasury or other department to analysts, banks, investors, credit rating agencies and other stakeholders.
- Monitor the development of new and revised reporting rules and regulations (issued by FASB, IFRS, SEC) to determine the impact of new pronouncements on . Support and advise the business on implementation of new standards.
- Assist in the preparation of Company-wide accounting and finance policies, including the revision of existing policies and creation of new policies as new accounting standards are adopted. Support other special projects and initiatives within the Company.
- Coordinate with our internal and external auditors in the execution of their review of internal controls and audit procedures related to the areas of focus stated above. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and requirements.
- Lifelong learner who is passionate about accounting and is looking to enhance their skills set in both accounting and SEC reporting in the process of developing their career. Enjoys working in a growing and evolving business environment;
- Strong team player with refined verbal and written communication skills, backed up by a track record of working with various business partners to effect changes;
- Works well both independently and within a team environment with an attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the “big picture”;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make sound business decisions in complex and ambiguous business environments;
- 4+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience in either private industry or a large public accounting firm. Experience with public filers or financial reporting is strongly preferred;
- Possess a solid degree of technical knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting; Knowledge of SEC Reporting and IFRS a plus;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA certified or active CPA candidate;
- An individual who conveys honesty, integrity, and ethical standards at the highest level;
- Keen business and financial acumen combined with mature and prudent business judgment;
- Personal presence, confidence, and professional competence necessary to represent with our external and internal auditors;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. SAP and BPC experience a plus.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.