This is really a project-based, high exposure risk assessment role looking at things like new systems, new pronouncements and other corporate initiatives. It is very forward looking, analytical and value adding type of work. Work with a high caliber team; lots of opportunity for advancement. An added plus is great quality of life!
Competitive Pay to 95K plus Bonus
Three days onsite, 2 days remote
This position within the Corporate Controller’s Group is focused on ensuring effective design and operation of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) for the Company in accordance with financial control requirements, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Primary responsibilities include process documentation, risk assessment, and control identification, in addition to control enhancement and issue remediation. This position serves as a valued control advisor to the Company and provides a hands-on exposure, interacting frequently with all management levels, as well as internal and external auditors.
- Collaborate with business partners to maintain SOX risk and control matrices and process flowcharts. Identify areas where control or documentation enhancements are needed. Facilitate the annual SOX walkthrough process with business partners and internal and external audit.
- Assist with corporate initiatives through risk assessment and control evaluation related to new accounting standards, system conversions/implementations and new business processes.
- Analyze control exceptions and work with various levels of management to identify solutions / paths to remediation.
- Support audit groups including internal and external audit in planning and completing their audit engagements.
- Provide education and training to business partners on SOX control requirements to facilitate maintenance of a strong control environment.
- Assist with SOX scoping, quarterly reporting, and other SOX program administration.
- Participate in special projects as related to accounting and financial reporting matters.
- 2-5 years of related work experience, comprising of previous SOX experience in public accounting, consulting or corporate internal audit
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- CIA or CPA Certification preferred, but not required
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experience implementing a SOX or internal controls program at a large organization preferred
- Understanding of processes/accounting related to banking/financial services preferred