Position: Senior Estimator
Overview: Company is seeking a Senior Estimator with at least 10 years of experience to work full-time in our Northern California office, which is located in Sacramento, Ca. The ideal candidate has heavy civil construction experience including earthwork, underground utilities, concrete work, water/wastewater mechanical and pump station work.
Preferred Skills and Responsibilities:
- Handling the project from first estimate all the way through subcontracts being formalized.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, to ask the right questions and work to provide a complete project cost evaluation.
- Must be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, and/or specified products or materials.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Must have experience preparing detailed cost estimates
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with the bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Ability to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
- Must be familiar with reviewing construction contracts.
- Computer estimating skills are a must, including Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, etc.), HCSS HeavyBid and Bluebeam.
Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a full range of benefits including a competitive salary, vacation, sick leave, and 401K Retirement Plan with a company match.