● Review all project drawings and specifications necessary to understand the requirements of the project.
● Prepare Invitations to Bid for vendors and subcontractors as determined to be required as necessary for the project based on the review of project drawings and specifications.
● Prepare and provide the required Material Profiles for each piping system required in estimate based on the review of the bid documents, for the Project Bid Set-up Form.
● Make necessary verbal contact with vendors and subcontractors to secure the necessary quotations in a timely manner.
● Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors.
● Ensure having the proper coverage from subcontractors and vendors on bid day.
● Perform 3D On-Screen Digital Take-offs on pipe, valves, fittings, for plumbing piping systems.
● Perform electronic Digital Take-off for Plumbing Equipment quantity take-offs for plumbing fixtures, medical equipment, and Lab equipment for the preparation of bid.
● Provide Detailed Quantity Take-Off Surveys, produce Material & Labor Pivot Summaries, and Equipment Quantity Surveys utilizing Estimating Software, BlueBeam, or other software as technology advances.
● Work with the Estimating Team to Assemble Data for Estimates and Proposals.
● Prepare and fill out Excel Bid Sheets with all necessary required description of materials, equipment and associated pricing, and corresponding Labor Units.
● Develop and submit RFI’s as necessary for clarifications to properly price the project.
● Ensure adequate subcontractor coverage has been obtained and there is interest in the project.
● Transmit addenda and other bid information to subcontractors through Procore managed by the Estimating Administrative Assistant.
● Ensures that subs and vendors are aware of and commit to the project schedule, addendums, and front-end documents provided by Design Team, Owners, Construction Managers, General Contractors.
● Organize Excel Bid Worksheets, quotations from vendors & subcontractors in both the electronic and Hard Copy Bid Folders by Trade specific information.
● Prepare Project Bid Proposal using company standard proposal form, and other electronic bid forms required by owner, construction manager, and/or general contractors
● Assist Estimating Team with the composition of proposals and scope of work details to be performed.
● Save Vendor & Subcontractor Quotes as soon as they are received.
● File all Emails to a Job Specific Folder in Outlook
● Build relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, and customers.
● Visit job sites when needed to get a better understanding of project scope and/or overall trade specific practices.
● Assist Estimating Team with the Delivery of Sealed Bids to Owner’s & General Contractors when necessary.
● Willing to assist with other tasks that arise as needed.
● Bring optimization to work every day.
● Always be in control of your destiny.
● Never stop learning.
● Confidentiality is essential.
For consideration, candidates must have fifteen or more years of estimating experience, as well as relevant experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant course of study.
· Perform 3D Estimating Software Autodesk ESTmep
· Senior Mechanical Estimator – Wet / Dry / Refrigeration / Ductwork / Piping
· Must have knowledge of:
· BMS Control
· Mechanical Insulation Services
· Major HVAC Equipment – Chillers / Cooling Towers / Pumps
· Piping – CHW, CW, HHW, Refrigeration, Natural Gas, LP Gas, Steam, Steam Condensate, A/C Condensate, Glycol
· Ductwork and Duct Accessories
· Senior Plumbing Estimator – All Plumbing Piping Systems
· Must have knowledge of:
· Plumbing Fixtures
· Plumbing Equipment Pumps & Tanks
· Plumbing Equipment
· Piping – Sanitary, Storm, Potable & Non Potable Water, Medical Gases, Natural Gas & LP Gas, Acid Waste, Grease Waste, A/C Condensate
● Ability to build a mutually beneficial partnership with the Estimating Manager.
● Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite).
● High level of collaboration skills to work with other members of the Estimating Department.
● Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
● Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
● Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
● Excel in time management skills
● Good to excellent follow up skills.
● On Screen Itemized Take Off
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Must know Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
● Must be self-motivated and punctual.
● Bilingual a plus, but not required
● Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
● Excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
● Must be able to perform HARD BID and Conceptual Budget Estimates.
● Computer Savvy – must be able to run Autodesk ESTmep 3D Software or the ability to learn Software.
● Must be proficient with the use of MS Excel and MS Word.