Senior Embedded Software Engineer
My client is looking to hire a senior level Embedded Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
- Design, implement, test, and document software for microprocessors in Linux.
- Develop the fundamental architecture of software systems, and implement software unit tests, integration tests, and system tests.
- Lead and contribute to software process and quality efforts including source control, code and design reviews, project planning, estimation and software release activities.
- Stay current with cutting-edge technology, develop and demonstrate prototypes, and recommend a course of action.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities including tool selection and process improvements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Customizing, deploying, and maintaining Linux distributions on embedded platforms.
- Using C++ for embedded software development and successful commercial project completion.
- Ideally, custom Linux distributions with Yocto.
- Ideally, experience building and configuring the Linux kernel for embedded targets and developing and modifying Linux device drivers.
- U-boot bootloader.
- Knowledge of hardware and low-level development.
- Basic scripting with bash or python and configuration management with Git.