- Execute electrical designs in accordance with the Electrical Department’s Procedures and Standards and specific client standards where applicable.
- Works in conjunction with Managing Principal, Project Managers and Electrical Team Leader plan the work and balance deliverables with budgets.
- Maintains understanding of project schedule, status and technical issues. Review all designs issued prior to client submission with supervisor and Department Head.
- Able to lead technical team and deliver design for various clients. Provide support to assigned staff on technical and administrative issues.
- Maintains strong understanding of all associated Codes and Standards and ensure compliance in all Team activities.
- Continuously improves the Team’s deliverable quality, communications, attitude and efficiency.
- Will be responsible for the design of power distribution, lighting, emergency and standby power supply in accordance to all applicable NEC codes and standards.
- Develop and evaluate best engineering solutions for projects, including commercial, mission critical, healthcare, science, technology, government and specialty markets
- Works as part of project team in the production of engineering solutions for large scale and complex building projects, corroborates/coordinates with other design team members including architect, mechanical or structural engineers to ensure electrical systems are integrated with the project’s goals
- Manage budgets and scope of work
- Perform Construction Administration tasks such as field visits and subsequent issuance of field reports, responding to RFIs and reviewing shop drawings.
- Perform studies associated with conceptual designs which may require site surveys of existing conditions, system sizing and definition of required space for anticipated electrical equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
OPERATIONS & STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Actively manages technical tasks and project efforts within the Electrical Team in close coordination with the Electrical Lead balancing deliverables, client expectations and budget based upon the allocated fee.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering / MS is a Plus
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineer
- 10+ years of experience in electrical design & commissioning support for buildings, sustainable design, central heating and chiller plants, power generation, and transmission and distribution projects.