Major established and brand name international company has an excellent opportunity in the south suburban Atlanta, GA area for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join one of their Product Design Departments. There are major company benefits, 2% profit sharing, and bonus potential as well as relocation assistance nationally.
The Senior Design Engineer manages project to achieve certain targets for vehicles regarding function, performance, durability, cost reduction, ease of manufacturing and so
· Determine the root cause of failures.
· Improve the process of Product Development on, through engineering study and creating electrical system, specification sheet, 3D CAD models, 2D CAD drawings and BOM.
o Develop new electrical component that both improve the electrical performance of products and take advantage of advances in technology and industries.
o Follow the company development process and submit the deliverables.
o Manage Schedule, Cost and Quality to complete projects.
o Plan, design and supervise.
· Individual contributor of vehicle design team
· Manage/lead design and development of electrical scope for projects
· Manage entire electrical system design.
· Complete electrical components and system design.
· Create detailed 2D drawings in support of assigned project subassemblies and installations.
· Prepare engineering release documentation that defines part number, effectivity, and usage.
· Participate as individual contributing member of individual projects’ cross functional team to ensure a quality product is developed on schedule within prescribed cost.
· Perform or manage analysis of market claims and determination of countermeasure specification.
· Collaborate with domestic and oversea suppliers.
· Lead communication with company headquarters in Japan for electrical project scope.
Education / Experience:
· BS degree in engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or relevant field.
· 5-10 years’ experience with electrical components and system design preferably in automotive
· Electronic circuit design and verification of embedded equipment and system.
· Advanced knowledge of CPU.
· Embedded software design, and verification
· Microcontroller integration (for automotive applications, preferred)
Other Required Skills:
· Overall vehicle control system development.
· Wire harness and small electrical components (Head light, Switch, Meter etc.) design experience.
· Experience with PCB Design, Testing and Troubleshooting.
· Understanding the basic principles, structures, functions and features of electromagnetic waves, sensors, image processing and radio waves.
· Design control system and logic based on the electrical engineering principle.
· Verify test items of control system and logic based on the principle.
· Ability to create and execute countermeasure plans for technical challenges.
· Demonstrated leadership in cross functional team
· Ability to visualize and plan multiple technical assignments 1-6 months out into future.
· Vehicle navigation system design.
· Deep Cycle battery design.
· Battery charging profile design based on battery reaction principle.
· Lithium-ion battery design.
· Battery management system (BMS) design based on battery reaction principle
· Software development and/or software integration with hardware
· Control logic design based on QFD and the principle/characteristics of controlled objects.
· CPU internal structure design
· Automotive vehicle communication protocols (CAN/LIN) experience