We are searching for a Senior Director to develop and lead a project management office for a highly regarded pharmaceutical company. The Senior Director will be responsible for managing cross functional teams executing projects primarily focused on new product development and manufacturing.
Requirements for the Senior Director – Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- 15+ years’ experience in project/program management, portfolio management, research and development, pharmaceutical new drug development or related areas. Candidates with relevant experience in biotech or med devices will be considered.
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations, preferably pharmaceutical operations
- Demonstrated experience managing programs totaling greater than $50M project budgets with significant contributions to EBITDA or equivalent budget responsibilities.
- Extensive experience managing cross-functional teams in developmental and program management contexts.
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology professional with diverse leadership and technical skills, preferably in oncology, companion diagnostics as well as therapeutics.
- Project Management Professional/PMP certification strongly preferred.
- Experience in septic – terminally sterile operations; isolator technology a plus
- Strong communications skills and negotiation skills, conflict management, priority setting, strategic agility, building effective teams, managing vision and purpose. Executive presence.
- Proficiency in computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and experience with Project Management software.
Responsibilities of the Senior Director – Project Management
- Drive the strategy and ensures alignment across the product workstreams; manages the overall program scope, budget, schedule and timeline and escalation of risks.
- Lead a team of project managers executing new product development projects, maintenance of business projects and provide oversight and ensure execution of the PMO governance and stage gate process for all projects.
- Present projects status to senior leadership teams and provide recommendations on project direction. “Executive presence” a must.
- Direct programs through corporate governance to ensure that projects have adequate resources and technical expertise to meet strategic objectives; coordinating across projects, maximizing synergies, and resolving resource conflicts.
- Responsible for all project team documentation: agendas, minutes, timelines, development plan, discussion aids, risk logs, and decision logs.
- Work with the Marketing team to gather, organize, and prioritize customer/market needs that become part of product development and product lifecycle
- Manage external vendor relationships, as appropriate, coordinating the requirements across the functional groups and ensuring the vendor’s successful execution
- Through project management systems, capture and share information from each project to drive continuous improvement and best practices.
- Work with the PMO group during concept phase to provide scoping, scheduling, and cost information for requirements for new product
Occupational category: 11-1021 General and Operations Managers
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer