Our client, a growing Pharma company located in Central NJ, is looking for a Senior Chemist to work in their Analytical Research & Development Labs.
The Senior Chemist will be responsible for the following:
– Perform analytical method development and troubleshooting under minimal guidance.
– Execute physical characterization studies to enhance product understanding.
– Serve as analytical lead on assigned projects, offering input for technical investigations.
– Prepare technical reports and scientific packages for internal and external use.
– Adhere to company policies, SOPs, and applicable laws.
– Act as Analytical R&D lead for development projects and coordinate with PD department.
– Operate various analytical instruments, including HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, IR, TLC, titration, ICP-MS, LC-MS, and dissolution apparatus.
– Develop and troubleshoot analytical methods for IP, FP, and ST sample testing.
– Conduct laboratory analyses of raw materials and samples.
– Design and execute physical characterization studies (e.g., rheological, microscopy, surface area, thermal studies).
– Perform reverse engineering studies of Reference Listed Drug (RLD) to support product development.
– Lead pre-formulation studies (pH solubility, pH stability, excipient compatibility) in collaboration with PD.
BS/MS/Ph.D. in Chemistry or related with 2-12 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry is required.