About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will empower you to shine?
As a Senior Automation Engineer I you will integrate new equipment, technologies, and products into our commercial biologics production facilities. You will work in the Operations Technology group to support manufacturing operations and implement a Digital Transformation Roadmap. You will work with the members of the Facilities, Engineering and Validation (FEV) Group to maintain and continuously improve our process automation systems and business processes.
How you will contribute:
- Lead projects to sustain our commercial production automation systems, to upgrade our aging systems/equipment to the latest technologies, and to integrate new hardware/applications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with manufacturing, quality assurance, facilities, engineering, and validation to problem-solve solutions
- Design, implement, validate, and deploy changes using GMP/GDP and Automation Change Management principles
- Guide junior engineers and contractors on project, budgetary, and schedule requirements
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of the production automation systems using industry expertise
- Support the ongoing manufacturing operations with a customer-focused mindset to ensure product is continually delivered to our patients
- Maintain the integrity and compliance of our systems via our periodic maintenance, patching, data integrity, asset lifecycle, and disaster recovery programs
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5 or more years working experience with PLCs, SCADAs, and/or DCSs (preferably Siemens PLC Step 7, iFix, and DeltaV).
- Experience with industrial control networks (Ethernet, Profibus, OPC) and interfacing applications (OSI PI, Kneat)
- Expertise in automation project delivery / change management
- Experience in Pharma / GMP / FDA regulated industry and working with validated systems
- Experience with bolstering data integrity, cybersecurity, and reliability of systems
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical / biologics manufacturing processes
- Core knowledge of ISE S95 and S88 principles
- Desire to tackle projects independently and grow your presence in the organization
What We offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
We are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. We are a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.