Company offers the most-trusted app building platform for anyone looking for a better way to work. Company gives businesspeople and IT experts the ability to easily build and integrate apps to track, manage, and automate processes in days, not weeks. Our customers make lasting and substantial improvements to their business using Company’s bullet-proof cloud-based technology — and they love getting the industry’s best customer experience every step of the way.
As a systems engineer at Company, your mission will be to build and maintain scalable, robust platform SDKs, connectors, microservices and integrations used by Company citizen developers and internal implementation engineers. You will champion developer.Company.com and deliver new features and updates to the software offerings and API documentation.
The API Engineer reports to the Vice President of Engineering. The position is fully remote with occasional travel to corporate HQ in Denver, CO.
What You’ll Do
- Partner in a highly-collaborative environment across product, engineering, and implementation teams to define, design, develop, test, analyze, and deploy software used to integrate with the Company Platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain Company’s public API, SDKs, and integration platform connectors with supporting published documentation.
- Manage marketplace lifecycle for SDKs and integrations in well-known services such as Node Package Manager, Python Package Index, Workato, Zapier, Mulesoft, Boomi, etc.
- Support Company Implementation Engineers as they use your software to build complex integrations and use cases for customers.
- Leverage knowledge of best coding practices and design patterns to write elegant and readable code.
- Communicate technical or architectural designs verbally and in writing for both internal and external audiences.
- Seek opportunities to regularly identify code refactors and performance optimizations and champion initiatives to completion within the team.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of professional experience building APIs or platform/SDK/developer tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Novice experience in Java/Groovy, Python, Swift, Kotlin, or other compiled languages
- Proficient experience writing interactive API documentation in Swagger or similar technology
- Experience and knowledge with the challenges of building data-intensive, highly responsive, and fault-tolerant software
- Expert communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical problems and regularly achieve consensus with peers
- Novice experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Experience integrating and developing CI/CD systems as a key aspect of the software development lifecycle
- Proficient experience using MySQL, Oracle, or other RDBMS
- Expert experience working in a highly-iterative software development process
- Proficient skills in self-motivation, self-management, and self-organization
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing in Java technologies (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JMS, Spring MVC, Spring Security)
- Driven large-scale initiatives that span multiple projects, teams, or groups of engineers
- Recognize, validate, and evangelize technologies and architectures that align with business objectives
- Professional experience working in an enterprise or SaaS environment
- Experience contributing significant features, enhancements or bug fixes including unit tests without guidance and without causing regressions
- Understanding of application security threats and remediation techniques
Salary & Benefits
- We cover 100% medical, dental, and vision benefits
- We understand you have a life outside of work and have an unlimited, flexible time-off policy
- We provide competitive paid parental leave for all new parents after 6 months
- We made Built in Colorado’s Best Small Companies to Work For list, Denver Business Journal’s Largest Denver-area Tech Employers list, and Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work list
- You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and have a high degree of responsibility and impact
- Your daily tasks will change often and give you many opportunities to grow your professional and technical skillset and advance your career
Work location is flexible if approved by Company except that position may not be performed remotely from California.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.