Company: Specialty Chemical Manufacturing
Position: Senior Analytical Scientist and Lab Manager
Location: Jonesboro, AR Area
Compensation: Salary Range $110,000 +/- Based upon Experience plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
- As a Senior Analytical Scientist and Analytical Lab Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the operation and functions of the Analytical Lab.
- You and your staff will have primary responsibilities to provide analytical services to support new business opportunities, new product development projects, manufacturing process improvement, production troubleshooting, and product quality.
- They will develop new analytical methods, improve existing methods, ensure the accuracy, precision, and robustness of instruments/methods, communicate routinely with customers and personnel in manufacturing, product and process development and commercial.
- The expectations also include supporting the implementation of and compliance with laboratory quality systems/standards; ISO9001, BQ9000, GMP and others.
- The ideal candidate is a creative PhD chemist with successful experience in leadership, teambuilding, process management, and a business growth focus. No two days are ever exactly the same, and the variety of chemistry is unmatched.
- Instrumentation and equipment; operation, maintenance, calibrations and qualification for GMP projects.
- Analytical methods; development, validation, implementation, calibration, customer method implementation, regulatory method implementation, and analyst training
- Success of new business projects and improvements for current processes; develop expertise in areas of responsibility to provide analyses in a timely manner and work with Development Chemists to characterize intermediates and products using all tools available and obtainable
- Develop methods for new projects and improvements for current processes.
- Adapt current instrumentation to meet business needs, minimizing the purchase of new instrumentation and equipment when possible
- Responsible for classical and instrumental methods of analyses; titrations, physical, chemical, and thermal properties, and environmental and biodiesel sample testing
- PhD in Chemistry emphasis on analytical chemistry
- Preferred 10+ years of experience in an industrial chemical manufacturing laboratory setting
- Strong understanding and comprehension of analytical chemistry
- Working knowledge of GC, LC, IC, and other chromatographic techniques, Working knowledge of FTIR, UV-Vis, ICP, and other spectroscopic techniques
- Working knowledge of NMR techniques
- Preferably five or more years’ experience as an analytical lab manager
- Proficient in literature searches
- Able to adapt literature procedures to analytical methods
- Strong ability to interpret data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Leadership and motivation of technical teams
- Strong customer focus and business understanding
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Legally allowed to work in the US without restriction (US Citizen or Green Card)