Well established local CPA firm offers an exceptional career opportunity for a Senior Tax Accountant / Bookkeeper with a minimum of one year working with QuickBooks in a CPA firm environment. We offer a very reasonable work / life balance, overtime paid at time and one half, diverse clients in multiple industries to work with, and excellent career growth potential.
Candidates must be based in Southern California within commute distance of Irvine, and be either U. S. citizens or Permanent Residents. .
Title: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant – Bookkeeper acts as the firm’s ambassador on client accounts designated to them.
- Provides complete full bookkeeping services for corporate clients, including journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Answers rudimentary staff/intern questions regarding clients’ financial matters.
- Reviews client prepared work papers and/or prepares work papers, financial statements, general ledgers, etc., under supervision.
- Analyzes investments, insurance, purchases, contracts, etc. under supervision.
- Performs client requested research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Supervises staff/interns assigned to the engagements as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs such as QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online.
- Ability to organize work and handle multiple accounts, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Fundamental knowledge of corporate taxation, business taxes, property taxes, and payroll would be an advantage.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff and interns on selective accounts.
- Frequent same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in public accounting (or very similar work environment), demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- At least 3-4 years in accounting or bookkeeping
- Preferably possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in accounting or a related field.
- Actively participate in continuing professional education as required by the department head.
- Preferably with be working toward obtaining a CPA license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam, or be in possession of a CPA license.
- If a licensed CPA, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs. QuickBooks experience required. Bill.com is a big plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills