We deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people’s lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Under general direction, provides accounting support to field and other finance department team members by ensuring the data integrity of financial information. Provides timely and accurate reporting to management and external agencies. Safeguards company assets and maintains internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
Key Job Activities:
- Preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Ensuring that reconciling items are identified and resolved on a timely basis.
• Coordinating accounting and controls work and related deliverables with internal/external audit and the internal controls group.
• Coaching and acting as a mentor for staff across the North American Accounting Team to help build a world-class accounting function with strong talent and growth opportunities for all.
• Support month end close by:
o Reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for completeness and accuracy.
o Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for other complex accounting areas.
o Working with business partners on those complex areas.
o Analyzing financial statement components specific to areas of responsibility and investigating discrepancies and variances in results.
o Preparing accurate financial information supported by GAAP and in accordance with the company’s accounting policies specifically pertaining to information provided by the entity (IPE).
o Responsible for compliance with internal controls, control documentation, and coordination with both external auditors and SOX PMO / internal auditors.
o Advance tools, processes, systems, and initiatives of Accounting Team to enhance current accounting processes.
o Serve as key contact and maintain direct communication with business partners within Controllership, Finance, Operations, and beyond.
o Participate in staff development and mentoring as well as promoting continuing education opportunities for all team members.
o Assist in overall transition of Business Unit Accounting from contractors to permanent team; transform with the company as it implements SAP S/4HAN.
o Prepare and communicate monthly ad-hoc reports, graphics, schedules and statistical reports.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Experience, competencies & education:
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 5+ years’ experience within Accounting / Finance roles and supervisory experience
• At least 3 years of public accounting experience demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, audit processes (internal / external), month-end closing processes, general ledger accounts, and financial statement formats; public company experience (preferable)
• Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
• Highly Desirable:
o Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
o Prior experience designing IPE controls and MRC (Management Review Control) activities
o Prior SAP experience
o Prior Microsoft Dynamics AX Experience
o Prior experience mining large amounts of data
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
Our Company currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, RRSP matching, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment our company.