Due to growth, our Mesa, AZ client is looking add two Sr. Accountants to assist in the month end close process, reporting, and analysis. The Accountant will ensure all journal entries are entered and reviewed to meet the month-end close deadline. Prepare monthly variance analyses versus budget and prior year for various reporting segments. Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts. Analyze and interpret accounting data and participate in various projects, as needed.
The role is accountable for the following:
- Assist with the month-end closing process, maintaining the general ledger through monthly journal entries and scheduled reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of monthly financial statement review packages with variance explanations against budget and prior year.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and reviewed.
- Assist in the reconciliation of tax payments across multiple states.
- Work with other accounting departments (A/R, A/P), to coordinate GL coding and ensure accuracy.
- Provide audit support through the generation of timely, accurate schedules and documents.
- Create and maintain adequate and appropriate procedural documentation.
- Assist with internal controls compliance and reporting.
- Manage fixed assets including capitalizations, disposals, monthly depreciation, federal depreciation, and researching appropriate accounting treatment of complex transactions related to fixed assets.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Practical knowledge of accounting standards (i.e., GAAP)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically, intermediate to advanced excel skills.
- Knowledge of ERP Accounting software.