Build your best future with our team
As a global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet. Join a winning team that enables you to build your best future! Our teams are uniquely positioned to support a multitude of industries across the globe. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing. Become a member of our family and thrive in an empowering company culture where your voice and ideas will be heard – your next great opportunity is just a few clicks away!
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick time
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, and vision care
- Extensive product and on the job/cross training opportunities With outstanding resources
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy
- Company vehicle, Tools and Equipment to complete all jobs (if eligible)
- Providing Scheduling and management support
What you will do
As a critical part of the team, the Security Installer works onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their Integrated Security fire and security systems. The Commercial Installer also dismantles and reconstructs equipment when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs appropriate devices; as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows accurate schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Test’s operation of system to the signal-receiving center to accurately establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles vital records for notification of emergency calls.
- May manage installation teams on larger projects.
- Coach and mentor less expert installers.
- Travel required, using provided company vehicle and equipment.
What we look for
- State License of RI for Burglar Alarm, Telcom/Video and Fire Alarm.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Some technical school training is a plus.
- Electrical and electronic equipment experience with proven mechanical proficiency.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to always operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- NICET Certification.
- Access Control certifications.
- CCTV certifications.
- Experience bending conduit.