We are searching for a Research Scientist with a background in the genetics of ocular diseases to join a very exciting, rapidly growing biotech start up in the Bay Area. The Research Scientist will design and execute plans for eye disease modeling and support in vivo and in vitro modeling.
This exciting new company was founded in 2018 and is building the world’s leading platform for precision genetic regulation to address serious diseases with little to no available treatments. The technology platform works in a way that DNA does not need to be cut to accomplish precise gene regulation. This platform enables the design of medicines that flexibly, precisely and reversibly modify gene expression, a potential that drug developers have long sought to achieve but which today’s approaches fall short of accomplishing.
Requirements for the Research Scientist – Ocular Disease Genetics:
- PhD with a focus on the genetic basis of structural and functional defects and disease mechanisms underlying eye diseases
- A deep knowledge of and experience in the genetics of eye diseases
- 1-2 years post doc or industry experience
- Prior experience in developing in vitro and in vivo model systems for eye diseases
- Familiar with various gene therapy delivery systems
Occupational Category: 19-1029 Biological Scientists, All Other
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer