We are searching for a Scientist – Gene Therapy for an exciting new biotech start up in the Boston area. This person will work directly with the research team to contribute to strategic laboratory meetings, experiments and scientific programs.
Requirements for the Scientist – Gene Therapy:
- PhD and 0-4 years experience in relevant scientific discipline focusing on gene therapy and genetic engineering. New PhD candidates with relevant academic experience will be considered.
- Experience with extracellular vesicle and nanoparticle isolation, evaluation and manipulation strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience with hematopoietic stem cells and hematologic diseases.
- TALEN, ZFNs, viral vectors, exosomes, LPSN and gene therapy delivery technologies a plus.
- Hands-on gene therapy and gene editing experience modifying cells and delivery of gene and protein expression in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo.
- Experience with qPCR, RT-PCR, western blotting, microscopy, flow cytometry, plasmid construction and other genetic, molecular and cellular biology techniques to assess gene editing efficiency.
- Strong background in various genome editing technologies such as CRISPR-based methods, base-editing, deletions, knock-ins and gene silencing.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and balancing research efforts cross functionally, meeting deadlines and servicing a rapidly-changing startup environment.
- Experience working with collaborators and CRO’s ideal.
Responsibilities for the Scientist – Gene Therapy:
- Work directly with and support the Associate Director of Research in research efforts across multiple scientific programs.
- Support R&D efforts, working cross functionally to maintain project development, troubleshooting experiments and ensuring deliverables.
- Remain up-to-date with current knowledge of extracellular vesicle biology, therapeutics and novel genetic engineering approaches to drive experiments.
- Generate, analyze and interpret experimental findings and present at team meetings.
- Maintain and record all findings with expert lab notebook practices, record keeping and attention to detail.
Occupational Category: 19-1029 Biological Scientists, All Other
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer