Startup biotechnology company in San Francisco seeks a Scientist – CRISPR Screening, to help develop a proprietary technology platform to targeting various regenerative pathways critical for the establishment of complex diseases. This well funded start-up offers an exciting environment where your input matters.
Requirements for Scientist – CRISPR Screening:
- Ph.D. in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, stem cell or related fields
- 2+ years post-doctoral experience.
- Experience with CRISPR HTS (high-throughput screens)
- Preferred technical qualifications: molecular cloning, gene editing technologies, RNAi, CRISPRa/i or CRISPR KO strategies
- Experience with cellular reprogramming, adult stem cells – HSCs, MSCs, SSCs
- Familiarity with R or similar environments for pipelining of routine data analysis
- Collaborative experience with computational biologists and/or software engineers to help develop and use novel tools for construct design, experimental planning and/or data analysis
- Experience with multiplexing / barcoding approaches for scaling experimental throughput
- Develop the HTS or high-throughput screening for a portfolio of cell therapy applications
- Develop DNA constructs and CRISPR libraries
- Provide expert support for multiplexing and scaling biological readouts
- Stay current with literature and applications regarding multiplexing readouts and cell therapy
- Coordinate multiple projects
- Interpret and execute experiments within project timelines and goals