Small startup gene regulation biotech company, based in the South San Francisco area is looking to hire a Scientist- AAV (adeno-associated virus) to design and contstruct AAV and lentivirus-based gene delivery systems.
Our client is developing novel guide and effector domains for new therapeutic strategies to enhance regenerative pathways to mitigate complex diseases.
Our clients mission is to help patients regain independence through the thoughtful design of safe and reversible therapeutics. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in building a company’s technology and culture from the ground up.
- Post doc / PhD with 0-3 years in viral vector engineering, genetic engineering, stem cell biology, protein design and chemistry, structural biology, epigenetics, developmental biology, or similar fields
- Minimal technical qualifications: expertise in viral vector engineering (i.e. AAV, lentivirus, etc.); mammalian cell culture; generating stable cell lines; molecular biology (including RT-PCR, western blot, etc.); siRNA
- Preferred technical qualifications: immunology; working knowledge of preclinical animal models with degenerative diseases; CRISPR; molecular cloning; bioinformatics analysis; epigenetics
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent scientific skills in experimentation, record-keeping and both oral and written presentation
- Possess the desire and ability to master new techniques/instrumentation in an ongoing fashion
- Designing AAV and lentivirus-based gene delivery systems
- Reprogramming mammalian cell-lines and primary cells into relevant progenitor stem cells
- Genome editing of cells for functional optimization
- Expanding progenitor cells in culture and banking
- Differentiating progenitor cells into targeted tissue cells
- Development of disease modeling assays through comparative experiments
- Technology transfer between external parties to the company
- Setting up, maintaining, and efficiently operating cost-effective laboratory operations
- Assists other colleagues in experiments and lab techniques training
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer