Large Natural Gas company is searching for a SCADA Engineer to test and validate process control systems, communication infrastructure, and information systems to insure the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas by engineering and developing hardware and software automation and control solutions for Gas Control, Operations Dispatch and field locations.
*** Growth within the company * NO TRAVEL * Great Benefits * 401k and 401 Savings Plans *
- Provide SCADA system testing and troubleshooting issues with system software and firmware updates
- Test all firmware updates to ensure no adverse impact on the OT environment and all applications meet their functional correctness in order to maintain the reliability of its operation
- Test new SCADA products in the lab with supporting documentation of results for recordkeeping prior to deployment in the production environment
- Provide technical support to personnel within Gates, Pressure, and Plants on various new design installations and troubleshooting related to measurement, instrumentation, and controls
- Assist SCADA administrators with testing, deploying, and troubleshooting network configurations
- Provides end-user training for SCADA applications to Gas Control, Engineering, Pressure, and Gates
- Test code for Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) using vendor-specific industrial programming languages to automate Gate Station control and monitoring of flow, pressure, temperature, and odorization of natural gas, as well as Plant; control and monitoring of compressors, boilers, pumps, valves, for peak shaving operations.
- Test and validates diverse communication infrastructure to provide remote control and monitoring of Gate Stations and Plant systems across multiple media including Cellular, Radio, and Microwave using various protocols such as UDP, TCP/IP, Modbus, and BSAP.
- Interfaces with communication vendors and applies knowledge of communication protocols to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Test code for Human Machine Interface (HMI) using vendor-specific programming languages to provide a graphical interface to the gas delivery system. Administers and develops code for MS SQL/ANSI SQL and vendor-specific data archiving applications for reporting, analysis, historical reference, and compliance.
- Performs test and validation of SCADA configurations against operational designs to determine that system requirements have been met and to insure equipment will perform within design parameters.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Computer Information Systems preferred
- 3+ Years of related experience with industrial control systems required
- Working knowledge of control systems in natural gas and propane processing, storage, and handling facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of process control and measurement theory and of electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical instrumentation systems preferred
- Experience with or training/on-the-job knowledge of the support of multiple technologies, including client server architecture, relational databases, networking (WAN, LAN, and Industrial).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and Windows 7/10, Cisco IOS, SQL server, BSAP, TCP/IP, C++ and MODBUS preferred.
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Project, Excel, PowerPoint) to share, retrieve, research, and present business information.
- Candidate must be available to serve on-call on a rotating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week schedule.
- Candidates must have US Citizenship
Software used: ClearSCADA /Geo SCADA from Schneider Electric, Allen-Bradley PLCs, AB PanelView Plus HMI, and Cisco, and RUGGEDCOM by Siemens