Client is seeking a SAP Functional Lead for their client in Commerce, CA. Come work for a large beverage distributor in Commerce that has a strong team and culture.
The SAP Functional Lead position is located in our Commerce Facility. This resource will review, analyze, and customize systems including configuring, testing, and debugging to support the ERP application – SAP. The position primarily works with external 3rd party development teams and internal Key Business Owners.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Commitment to Performance: Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with high level of attention to details and high personal standards of performance
- Integrity: The ability to always do the right thing and respect everyone you meet on the job. Owns his/her own actions, even when he/she falls short of expectations. Is accountable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with Key Business Owners to discuss requirements on SAP development activities.
- Determines best path to meet requirements using SAP capabilities where possible.
- Configures, reviews and tests software personally and also with Key Business
- Owners or designated users.
- Writes functional specs and documentation
- Spends time with the user community to discuss “pain points” with the current SAP application and works to develop solutions to resolve them.
- Develops documentation and training material (as needed) related to SAP usage and changes.
- Provides weekly status to IT Management on all active projects.
- Monitors established policies and procedures to ensure conformance with Information
- Technology and Company objectives.
- Provides support to Help Desk as needed.
- Strong Windows PC skills (Win 10, MS Office, Google Suite for Business)
- Able to quickly become familiar with a variety of the business’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Fair understanding of SAP ABAP Language.
- Minimum 3 years’ functional experience in SAP – WM, MM and SD
- Possesses both a technical and functional understanding of SAP
- Able to prepare both functional and technical specs, as well as process and
- End-user documentation.
- May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Able to understand issues and provide direction over the phone.
- Great problem solving ability along with good team work and communication skills.
- Ability to perform under minimum supervision.
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach and lift, if necessary (average 35 pounds or more occasionally). The physical demands here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a high energy, multi-faceted position requiring personal initiative, flexibility and some routine travel mainly to Northern California.