Seeking an Outside Sales / Business Development Representative for sales and account management of medium to large building materials retailers in the Salt Lake City, Utah territory and extending into parts of Idaho. This position is strongly focused on prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. The Sales/ Business Development Representative will be responsible to sell building material products and supply chain solutions. This large global distribution company is a people focused growing organization with great career growth opportunity in the industrial manufacturing market.
Home Office. Company Car. Regular travel will be required within the territory.
Territory: Utah and Idaho
- Prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customer.
- Create and maintain professional business relationships with key decision makers.
- Profitably grow sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets.
- Generate and replenish (stocking) customers’ orders on site, supporting customer program set maintenance.
- Manage customer relationships to ensure retention, growth and client satisfaction.
- Complete regular sales call plans & results as well as other basic company reporting.
- Sales experience within retail building materials industry
- Commercial or residential construction experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills (for customers and business partners)
- Excellent relationship building and customer service abilities
- Time management skills and personal responsibility to ensure productivity in a self-directed working environment.
- Strong communication skills – ability to effectively relay information to the customer and coordinate with business partners
- Strong orientation towards teamwork and flexibility with changing business needs
- Good driving record is required
- Home Office
- Company Car
- Reimbursement of business expenses
- Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Disability
- 401K plan w/ company match