Job Title: Sales Manager (SM)
Reports To: President
We are a specialized Nondestructive Examination (NDE) company providing condition assessment and inspection services to a variety of clients in the Hydrocarbon Process Pipeline and industrial concerns.
The Company seeks to hire a professional Sales Manager to drive the sales effort for the California market (primarily Southern California).
• Minimum of five (5) years in a technical sales function in Inspection and/or Nondestructive Examination (NDE) within the Power/Oil/Gas industry.
• Individuals having at least five years’ experience in Industrial sales within the Power/Oil/Gas sectors may be considered.
• Must have knowledge of clients and contractors within the subject industries in California.
• Self-starter – can work with a minimum of supervision.
• Motivated by the sales function as a profession.
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Technically proficient in the use of business software
• Detail oriented
The successful candidate will work within a team of highly professional individuals, with the opportunity to sell high value professional services.
Sales Manager (SM) will be responsible for selling company services to customers within the Refining, Petrochemical, Petroleum, and Pipeline Industries. The SM will have responsibility for ensuring that all suitable available business opportunities are fully identified, that company is positioned to bid on suitable and appropriate projects and contracts and is successful in obtaining significant new business revenue from the sales effort.
• Manage the complete sales process for new business opportunities.
• Seek contract opportunities through customer contact and solicitation.
• Actively pursue work opportunities at the customer corporate and plant levels.
• Coordinate with technical and operations group regarding applications development, resource requirements and technical issues and opportunities.
• Provide detailed sales projections and revenue streams information on a monthly basis.
• Update client database.
• Produce revenue projections in a six to twelve month look ahead.
• Attend job walks and pre-bid meetings.
• Perform work up estimates for projects using company estimating procedures.
• Prepare proposals for projects as necessary in conjunction with the President/Operations Manager.
• Keep client base informed of company services and capabilities, through both personal visits and phone calls.
• Work with management groups on identifying opportunities for improvements to HSI services.
• Assist Operations Group in issues concerning project performance, quality issues, etc.
• Identify potential new hires who would add to the organization.
• Other duties as required.
• Reports to Vice-President Operations
• Coordinates with the Operations Group, Administration Group
• Interacts with clients and co-workers
The candidate will be required to work from the Company’s Head Office location is Torrance, California.
This position is identified as “safety-sensitive” and is subject to random drug testing in accordance with the current Drug and Alcohol Policy and/or state law.
The candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization in the U.S.