The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales representatives and the sales activities of the analytical instrumentation lines (Particle Characterization, Rheology, and Nanomaterials Testing product lines) sold into R&D Laboratories within the Western region. This position reports to the Regional Vice President.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Sales Manager works out of the Torrance, CA office and manages the fastest growing business unit containing rheology, particle- and surface-characterization product lines for the Western Region.
- Manage and develop a team of field and inside sales representatives along with product specialists
- Responsible for meeting sales targets and manage travel and expense budget for the business unit
- Supports the team with daily activities (e.g. sales calls and strategy, demonstrations, and conferences)
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales and Service, Western Region
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 years of sales management experience or leading a sales team, including previous direct sales experience, preferably in analytical instrumentation or capital equipment
- Strong communication skills, ability to coach and train sales team on selling strategies, negotiation, and customer service skills
- Adaptability to change in a fast evolving organization and technology
- a Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred
- availability for up to 50% overnight travel
- a valid drivers license and passport
The Company offers a highly competitive six figure compensation package, an outstanding benefits package and an opportunity for professional growth within the Company’s organization.