Risk Analyst needed for a growing energy company. In this high visibility role you will interact with traders and senior management to assure that pricing, hedging and risk evaluation techniques are applied and monitored. To succeed in this role, you must possess strong programming, analytical, and problem-solving skills along with excellent communication skills. This company offers a hybrid work schedule, with 1-2 days remote per week.
- Analyze, value, and provide risk analysis around complex transactions and portfolio positions, including power generation, load contracts, complex derivatives, hedging strategies and trading assets.
- Develop and monitor position reports, P&L reports for energy portfolio.
- Mark and/or validate end-of-day curves in the risk system.
- Leverage problem solving, analytical skills, and new technologies to enhance and automate various risk processes.
- Collaborate effectively within the Risk team and other departments on issues/projects.
- Work closely with costing team and ETRM system and ensure that new deals are priced correctly, and its risk legs and costs are correctly computed within ETRM system.
- Make changes to queries in response to business needs.
- Support reporting requests from company’s internal and external auditors.
- Work closely with IT on risk system improvements and testing new enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline like Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, or 4 years’ equivalent quantitative risk experience.
- Experience writing complex queries using SQL from one or more relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Experience with one or more programming language like R, Python, MATLAB.
- Extensive experience with VBA programming
- Highly skilled with MS Office products including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Risk Experience with retail power trading
- Experience with Power Costing system such as VHOS