Summary: Provide technology leadership and timely development of new, innovative technologies to support the long-range product plans of various product categories.
- Lead and carry out specific, innovative technology explorations in areas such as heat transfer, cooking effects, gas control and combustion, high temperature materials and electric heating including construction of concept demonstrator examples.
- Address and solve long standing problems relating to generic materials, components, and systems utilizing creative synthesis of state-of-the-art technology and high-level functional
- Devote significant time to study new appropriate
- Work with outside technology suppliers to jointly develop new technology for application to appropriate products.
- Challenge and recommend improvement in company management of technology in its relationship to the rest of the business.
- Provide input to company Legal team relative to IP of technologies developed inside and outside
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering (MSME).
- Strong background in heat transfer and energy
- Strong background in experimental research methods and
- Highly creative and curious mindset with ability to use both theoretical and practical means of exploration (fundamental studies, design and build of proof of concept) and problem solving.
- Passion for technology, invention and creative
- 3+ years relevant work experience in applied technology at industrial or governmental enterprises; direct experience in consumer appliance industry is a plus.
- Proven ability to transfer technology from conceptual stage to product
- Ability to communicate technology clearly to non-technical people orally and in
- Extensive 3D CAD experience using Creo Parametric and/or
- Mechanical design skills, including sheet-metal
- Familiarity and use experience of electronic control systems is a
- Strong documentation and organizational skills and the ability to maintain information in a logical and well thought out manner.
- Ability to balance work on multiple projects and follow agreed upon
- Familiarity and use experience with computational modeling and simulation tools in fluid mechanics and heat transfer is a plus.
- Knowledge of the consumer products
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is a