Registered Nurse Operating Room
Queens, New York
- Currently looking for 1 full-time permanent Registered Nurse Operating Room Circulator for an established Multispecialty clinic in Queens, New York
- Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse Operating Room
- Prepares the patient pre-operatively and post-operatively. Assists in the readying of the patient for discharge from the Center so that the patient receives continuity of nursing care. The Pre-Operative RN may also function as a staff nurse in the post-anesthesia recovery rooms as needed.
- Greets and orients the patient to the Center.
- Performs the pre-operative nursing assessment and prepares the patient for the operative procedure.
- Provides emotional support to the patient during the pre-operative stage.
- Administers any pre-operative medication s per physician’s orders.
- Performs all pre-operative activities so that the movement of the patients into the operating room suite is coordinated and thus ensures efficient utilization of the operating rooms and minimizes patient inconvenience.
Requirements of the Registered Nurse Operating Room
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing
- Possesses a New York State license and current New York State registration as a professional registered nurse.
- Has two years’ recovery room nursing experience or one year of recovery room and one year of medical/surgical nursing experience.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS required.
- Our Client is offering an excellent Salary Range with a Full Benefits Package.
- Shifts can be 7am -3pm or 8am to 4pm as needed
- Glendale is a neighborhood in the west-central portion of the New York City borough of Queens. It is bounded by Forest Hills and Kew Gardens to the east, Ridgewood to the west, Woodhaven to the south, and Middle Village to the north.