Job Title: Regional Vice President – Dallas (Satellite Office)
Reports to: Executive VP of Account Management
Primarily responsible for leading, managing, and producing results as Regional Vice President at our Dallas location. Accountable for promoting and driving the company’s overall objectives and working to ensure the continued growth and success of the office. Responsibilities include generating new customer revenue, managing customer accounts, and following the company’s overall sales objectives while maintaining high
levels of customer service and profit margins. Consistently adding new business and growing current accounts is an essential measurement of this position. This person should be knowledgeable of the freight brokerage industry, highly motivated, urgency driven, and confidently professional to succeed at this position. Strong leadership skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for revenue and net margin results at Dallas regional office (Bedford, TX).
• Work in partnership with senior leaders of the company to execute current sales objectives and develop future forecasts for regional office.
• Attend (via phone/Teams) all weekly department (Account Managers, Sales) meetings to discuss sales success, pricing, service issues, KPI metrics, communications, training, and any related items.
• Utilize business development skills to identify, qualify and develop relationships with prospective customers and independently generate new sales revenue.
• Maintain strong customer relationships and grow existing accounts by securing new opportunities within each customer.
• Manage and lead a team of account managers/inside sales reps to develop their industry and sales knowledge, including prospecting, pipeline development, closing business, managing accounts, spot market vs. contract pricing, etc.
• Cultivate a high-performing culture of excellence by building employee skills through training, coaching, and mentoring to develop the overall team.
• Collaborate with team members on details required to ensure most cost-effective solutions are provided to customer and carrier partners.
• Review pricing and bid packages in coordination with centralized Pricing Team and provide feedback to team on rate proposals.
• Tracking and maintaining all sales activity in the company CRM (Salesforce).
• Manage KPI measurements, goals, and processes for location accountability.
• Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry for all team members in company TMS (McLeod).
• Effectively utilize data, metrics, and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve customer and carrier issues.
• Proactively communicate all potential issues/problems with appropriate team members.
• Travel as business requires.
• Other duties as assigned
• BA or BS degree in Business, Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related degree.
• Minimum of five years of freight brokerage experience with strong understanding of brokerage operations and geographic freight markets is required.
• Minimum of three years of outside sales experience required, specifically selling truckload solutions in a freight brokerage environment or asset trucking environment.
• Proven track record of building partnerships with large, national shippers and managing complex enterprise sales opportunities.
• Have broad knowledge of truckload markets, pricing, and rate negotiation.
• Experience with McLeod TMS and Salesforce a plus.
• Confident, self-starter, high-energy level, professional that wants to win.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong negotiation, follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage communication in a positive manner.
• Must have the ability to work and lead people in a fast-paced team environment along with working independently.
• Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities along with additional activities.
• Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
• Bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, kneel, and squat on an occasional basis.
• Lift and carry up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Operate a computer for long periods of time.
• Visual acuity to read paperwork, computer monitors, and calculators.
• Usage of both hands for repetitive actions such as: data entry and simple grasping.
5% Standing 5% Walking 90% Sitting
• Full-time employee, 40-50 hours per week, Monday thru Friday.
• Must maintain regular attendance and must be present at work to communicate and interact with co-workers.
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employe