Our client is a global leader and innovator in the use of natural and synthetic diamonds in flat lapping, honing, grinding and polishing applications, as well as fully configured, custom-designed finishing systems. They have asked Ability Professional Network to recruit a Regional Sales Manager for the Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky territory. This position reports to the Sales Manager – Americas and is responsible for selling the organization’s products/services by interaction with established customers and development of new prospects.
- Displays initiative in successful attempts to establish new business and exhibits a high level of judgment in pursuing selling as the top priority.
- Diligently follows up sales lead and reports progress on a regular basis.
- Identifies and targets new accounts and applications.
- Effectively maintains existing key accounts by utilizing good communication skills and strong follow-up practices in dealing with customers.
- Exhibits strong product knowledge in providing technical support regarding products and services.
- Selects and develops distributors, dealers and other outlets in conjunction with the Sales Managers and Product Managers.
- Consistently submits clear, concise, and informative sales reports to supervisor.
- Prepares a pre-trip planning report for supervisor, exhibiting good organizational/time-management skills.
- Successfully analyzes market trends in order to recommend changes or improvements in product lines as well as pricing changes.
- Prepares annual sales forecasts in an organized and timely manner.
- Oversees customer service activities within region.
- Actively participates in the recruitment, selection and training of distributors within assigned region.
- Maintains high level of professionalism in communicating with customers, distributors and inter-company personnel to provide technical support, sales promotion assistance, training and problem resolution.
- Informs customers of supply and price trends on an as-needed basis.
- May participate in trade shows and exhibitions as required.
- Exhibits consistent productivity while adhering to ISO 9000 quality procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from a technical four-year college or university; or a minimum of 4 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, quotes, and general business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in written form, with management, peers, and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, percentages, and interests.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete problems in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The employee is required to have a valid driver’s license as extensive travel within established territory is required.