Essential Duties, Functions and responsibilities:
- Monitor refrigeration system to include compressors, components, condensers, air units and air conditioning units and perform preventive maintenance and repair as scheduled.
- Basic trouble shooting/repair/PM of all refrigeration and ice conveying equipment in plant and freezer areas.
- Ability to start up equipment during pre-shift such as ice maker and chillers.
- Electrical trouble shooting on process and refrigeration equipment.
- Complete paperwork and logs as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to take accurate measurements and maintain paperwork throughout shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow verbal and written instructions & policies
- Accountable to maintain punctual and regular attendance for scheduled work hours.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
- Must be willing and able to perform physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass a background check, drug screen and pre-employment physical Some positions may require the ability to read, write, and/or speak English
Standing (8 hours a day or more) Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling (up to and including 50lbs or more). Operating hand held and/or mechanical machinery. Walking/climbing stairs and ladders. Gripping, grasping, and twisting using hands and wrists. Bending and stooping for long periods of time. Ability to wear respirator and/or work in confined spaces.
Working Conditions/Department Description: Shifts are approximately 8-10 hours and 1st shift. Overtime and weekend work may be required. Ability to work in extreme temperature conditions, some below -20 degrees. Job assignments are subject to the supervisor’s discretion, and job duties may vary day-to-day depending on department needs. May work in damp, cold, hot, and warm environments and some jobs work in seasonal outdoor conditions Work with loud and noisy machinery.