Performs assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard mechanical engineering techniques to carry out related Engineering tasks leading to accountability for the design, development, and evaluation of company products.
Nature & Scope
This position is to be filled by an engineer with 5-10 years’ work experience. The incumbent reports to the Assistant Chief Engineer.
The incumbent may (and usually does) receive specific assignments from Project Engineers. Using prescribed methods, the incumbent performs specific and limited portions of the broader assignment of a more experienced Engineer. The incumbent will be responsible for the design of one or more machine systems in accordance with the technical specifications to achieve the product’s functional requirements. This role requires expertise in a minimum of one system, with functional knowledge of all machine systems, including mechanical, structural, electrical, hydraulic, engine, cooling system, light fabrications, cab, transmission, and powertrain. Increased experience in multiple machine systems will facilitate greater success in the role. In addition to the core responsibilities, the incumbent may be called upon to establish and coordinate project schedules with the appropriate teams, and ensure the dates are achieved. Finally, they will be expected to communicate and work concurrently with other functions, including manufacturing and procurement.
· This position requires a BS in Mechanical Engineering
3 to 5 years’ work experience with off-highway mobile vehicles
· Experience in machine concept, design, technical drawings, and bills of material
ability to interact with multiple work groups including manufacturing and procurement
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills
· Advanced CAD skill level – SolidWorks preferred
· Skilled in MS Office software tools
· Engineering experience related to telescoping reach trucks (“reach stackers”)
· Engineering experience related to lift trucks or container handling equipment
· Working knowledge of the lift truck industry standards, practices, and procedures
· Project management skills