My client, an International Manufacturer with over $900MM in global sales, is a leader in its niche industry of carbon and graphite products. Their growing operation near Nashville, TN, is presently seeking a R&D MATERIALS ENGINEER, who will be responsible developing new products, improving existing products, and developing & improving their manufacturing processes. This position is a unique opportunity that offers a diverse series of technical challenges and a variety of responsibilities within a stable, yet growing organization.
Excellent career opportunity for an ambitious materials engineering professional, who is looking for long-term career stability and diverse technical challenges. High profile / high visibility position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Some of the company’s work involves U.S. Defense Department projects. ITAR Rules will apply.
- Must have at least a B.S. degree or higher in (Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering). A M.S. degree is strong preferred, but it is NOT required.
- Must have at least 2 to 4 years of experience involving graphite materials and their associated production methods like pressing, extrusion, and/or isostatic.
- Materials Engineering experience involving ceramics, carbon, graphite, and/or powered metals is a must.
- Experience involving some form of high temperature materials processing is a must.
- Project management experience is a strongly preferred skill set.
- Proficiency in experimental design, statistics, and data analysis (DOE, ANOVA) is a must.
- Must be able to work within a Team Concept / Matrixed organization, yet also be a self-starter, who requires minimal supervision.
- Any experience or familiarity with Lean Six Sigma Methods / Operational Excellence would be a big plus. Not required.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $90K to $100K base salary plus 5% bonus.