We are searching for an R&D Leader – mRNA for an early stage biotech startup who will lead the company to achieve scientific and business objectives. Our client is well funded and has a strong IP position and a proprietary library of compounds designed for RNA screening.
Critical to this role will be the ability to set up a working lab, make key hires, and help execute the strategic plan to advance the company’s scientific platform, led by one of the world’s leading experts in mRNA research.
The R&D Leader – mRNA will be responsible for driving and leading the day-to-day operational oversight of the Berkeley lab. The R&D Leader – mRNA will play a key role as part of the leadership team.
- PhD in Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology or related fields
- Experienced in RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) RNA-processing or splicing and assay development
- R&D leadership qualifications, e.g laboratory management, scientific group management, management of academic lab
- Relevant post-doc work and industry experience in related drug discovery
- Laboratory start-up experience including managing selection and installation of equipment, hiring and managing scientific teams
- Working knowledge of small molecule drug development and preferably with the use of mRNA modulators to treat cancer, neurological disorders and rare diseases
- Entrepreneur spirit; startup experience, exceptional scientific work ethic.
- Leadership qualities and an understanding and willingness to work in a start-up environment
Occupational Category: 19-1029 Biological Scientists, All Other