Position: Quality Assurance Manager 90-100K plus 17.5% Bonus
This position manages and maintains a Quality Control/Assurance system and Food Safety Program which includes the continual development, monitoring, and management to ensure compliance with specification, customer requirements, and state/federal/international regulatory requirements.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures as related but not limited to ISO 9000, HACCP, GMP, QC, QA, Chemical, Physical and Microbiological Assay procedures.
- Manage the audit process for ISO 9001, GMP/HACCP, Customer, and Regulatory, including recruitment and training of audit and plant personnel.
- Regulatory contact for industry group.
- Manage and direct Laboratory Supervisor to ensure the accuracy, proficiency, and quality of the analytical tests conducted and establish new technological processes.
- Ensure Management is informed regarding systems status, compliance and customer satisfaction via reports, memos, verbal reports, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to the Plant Management as required and related to problems of chemical, physical, microbiological, applications and regulatory nature.
- Review new equipment planning and process changes to ensure compliance with GMP, ISO 9000, HACCP, etc.
- Coordinate interaction between the sales group, production facility, and customers to ensure the capability of meeting customer requirements.
- Review certificates of analysis for compliance with analytical specifications and sign certificates of analysis to be forwarded to customer/review and signing of regulatory documents for delivery of required documentation.
This Job Description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations.
- Necessary procedures are in place to demonstrate compliance.
- Scheduled audits are performed covering all areas of the compliance systems minimally on annual basis. Key contact for Customer and Regulatory Audits. Filled out customer self-audits.
- Key contact person for GMIA regulatory matters.
- Scheduled audits cover the systems and cooperative testing with other gelatin facilities through statistical measurements demonstrate the proficiency of the assay results (GMIA and WW ring, AOAC Cross-Check program).
- This is done via reports both written and verbal, such as Audit Reports, Monthly Management Reports, Customer Complaint Reports, etc.
- Research updates of requested information.
- Compliance with regulations is measured through FDA, AIB, USDA and customer audits.
- This is measured by DIFOT, COA’s affirming compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Reviewed through Customer Complaint reports, scheduled audits, monthly KPI’s and DIFOT report. Documents timely and error-free.
- Quality training and plant personnel completed.
This position requires 3-5 years of quality experience along with a Bachelors degree in chemistry or microbiology. Competent in ISO 9000, HACCP, & GMP. Strong leadership, communication, and computer skills recommended.
Position reports to: General Manager of Operations