Quality Manager for precision machining and sheet metal fabrication job shop that focuses primarily on the aerospace and defense industries. This is a hands-on position. The ideal candidate will be an expert in maintaining and improving all aspects of the companies AS9100 quality assurance program, measurement of machined and sheet metal fabricated parts, and G, D and T. The position will manage 4-5 quality inspectors.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage day-to-day product inspection activities.
- Provide leadership to achieve operational excellence through the processes of inspection planning, in process and final inspection.
- Develop quality and inspection planning, monitor suppliers and manufacturing processes, and develop inspection and testing systems and methods for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist in inspection of products and services and assists in assuring the achievement at the optimum quality costs.
- Manage generation of First Article Inspection (FAI) Reports, manufacturing, and process certifications.
- Complete Investigations and Determine Root Cause Analysis
- Manage Preventive and Corrective Action Program.
- Interact with customers and suppliers as needed.
- Establish, administer, and communicate quality management system programs, procedures, and policies for compliance with regulatory and client requirements.
- Coordinate and manage annual internal and external AS9100 and NADCAP audits.
- Manage, supervise, and oversee the training, qualification and workload of Inspection and Quality Assurance personnel.
- Manage internal and external audits for customers and third-party audits.
- Assist in the development of resource requirements and the coordination of expenditures.
- Maintain appropriate liaison activities with customers to assure compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety issues arising from area of responsibility are managed according to legal requirements, company policies and procedures.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- A minimum of 5 years managerial and 10 years’ experience in machining or sheet metal fabrication. BS or BA degree in an Engineering related field is a plus.
- Min 5 years of experience in AS 9100D, AS9102 Quality Assurance is required. Experience managing NADCAP quality systems for welding or chemical processing is a plus.
- Fluent in G, D and T.
- Experience programing and operating coordinate measurement machines. Ability to teach and advise coordinate measurement machine operators.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.