We need a Quality leader who can:
- Leads, mentors and develops a team engaged in quality control activities in coordination with Launch Engineering
- Ensure that systems and processes are in place to achieve or exceed key goals in product/launch quality and customer service.
- Interact with site customer quality engineering, product engineering, and manufacturing staff
- Execute the quality control system for new product launches.
We offer you:
- A strong salary and quarterly bonus program
- A strong corporate relocation package provided
- Located in scenic Southern Illinois area that is a short drive to St. Louis
- Close to multiple colleges/universities
- Relocation is provided to Southwest IL. The area has very low unemployment with a cost of living that is 27% lower than the US average!
- Strong Package includes Medical Insurance/ Prescription, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Plans, Quarterly Bonus Opportunities
- A tuition assistance program
- Have a work environment that values creativity, innovation, empathy and collaboration
- A company that provides team members with opportunities for career advancement.
The cool thing is, that exploring a new opportunity is a lot like window shopping, it does not cost you anything. So why not take a few minutes to listen to an exceptional opportunity that will change the course of your career and your life? What have you got to lose?
Apply now for this great opportunity before it is gone: Click Here to Open Quality Engineer / Manager
- Provides leadership and direction over assigned work group(s), ensuring systems and processes are in place to achieve or exceed key metrics/targets/goals in quality engineering/controls, costs, budgets, safety, and customer service.
- Manages all quality events regarding purchased components.
- Approves all supplier assembly component tooling run-off’s.
- Approves all quality specifications, APQP documentation and PPAP submissions.
- Works with cross functional technical teams in the development of quote proposals for new business opportunities.
- Supports launches until a successful “hand-off” is agreed upon with customer quality engineering
- Supports Company’s New Product Review process (NPR) for the launch of new products.
- Manages working relationships with customers, suppliers and other key external contacts.
- Incorporates lean and continuous improvement concepts in work activities and projects.
- Promotes productive relationships and a positive work environment.
- Sets expectations, clarifies responsibilities, and provides feedback for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals.
Builds and maintains teamwork within team and within plant.
- Resolves conflicts between team members and with other teams.
- Facilitates in maintaining positive team member relations and morale.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, applicable laws, and Core Operating Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment,
- 4+ years’ experience in project management, including meeting facilitation and presentation experience
- Strong preference for previous Automotive industry and/or die cast industry experience
- Have a working knowledge of manufacturing and CNC machining processes
- Must have CMM experience.
- Experience in Automotive Quality Requirements IATF16949 / TS16949 / QS9000 is highly desired.
- Skilled in PPAP and APQP
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance techniques with an emphasis on Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and manage projects to successful completion
- Advanced computer software understanding to create, use, and manipulate reports, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. (e.g. Microsoft Office, SQC Pack).
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of quality control and quality assurance practices & statistical methods.
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Professional training/certifications are a plus.