Major and established brand name company has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer – Reliability at their large manufacturing complex in south suburban Atlanta, GA. There are major company benefits, 2% profit sharing and quarterly bonus potential as well as nationally relocation assistance.
- Design, plan, and supervise
- Develop and implement improved ways to extract, process, and use raw materials
- Develop new materials that both improve the performance of products and take advantage of advances in technology
- Analyze the impact of the products they develop or the systems they design on the environment and on people using them
- Determine the causes of breakdowns
- Test manufactured products to maintain quality
- Estimate the time and cost to complete projects.
- Pre-production preparation, using the 1QDC process with the focus on Defect Free Process.
- This position requires multi-level and cross-division & company activities through P0 ~ P5 stages in order to successfully launch the new models
- This position requires high level of technical knowledge to improve warranty quality as well as technical project management skills to work with multi-disciplined members within the company.
- Conduct Warranty Trend Analysis and display the results to prioritize Warranty Reduction Activities.
- Monitor countermeasures and market trend to track Corrective Action effectiveness.
- Use Warranty and Manufacturing History to apply “Lessons Learned” and FMEA into the new model launch development (Close working relationship with Product Design Department is required).
- Maintain a monitor vehicle program to ensure quick feedback from field environment on potential market issues or concerns and for future recommended new model improvements.
- Develop & execute Test Plans using solid Testing Methodology for:
- 1) New Model pilot vehicles and child parts as needed
- 2) Testing for Root Cause Analysis for problems found at New Model testing as well as Market Failures.
- Manage cross-functional team members systematically to perform root cause analysis of the quality problems identified during analysis and market information (MI) reports.
- Manage cross-functional team members to take corrective actions, using the corrective action system, quality alert bulletins, and/or problem solving sheets.
- Act as a liaison between company and company dealer networks.
- Coordinate and present the warranty quality status on monthly basis to management members, and request for support if there are any bottlenecks identified.
- Develop disposition plan and coordinate the cross functional members to execute disposition of the suspect vehicles, such as external sort or repair.
- Look for Kaizen Opportunities for QMS and business practices within our organization that will improve our company’s ability to deliver quality products that our customers love.
Education / Experience:
- 4-year college degree in technical field such as mechanical or industrial engineering with 6-8 years of experience or 15-20 experience in lieu of degree
Other Required Skills:
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at the same time with timely and accurate conclusions.
- Perform various tasks for a variety of different levels of management.
- Must be able to communicate ideas and propose quality kaizens effectively.
- Technical program management experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervisory position is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 is preferred.