Quality Engineer in Milwaukee with a manufacturing company.
· Support the Quality Management System (ISO9001), document creation & control, auditing, quality reject investigation & reporting, and project assignments
· Provide Quality Management, Manufacturing, and Sales with problem resolution and general support
· Respond to customer complaints RMAs, requests, and corrective actions with
· Lead and review the approval of PPAPs
· Knowledge of quality planning (FEMAs, Control Plans, Flowcharts, APQP, etc.)
· Accurately measure parts using micrometers, hand gages, or other precision instruments
· Apply statistical techniques to troubleshoot and preform technical evaluations such as capability, capacity, and gage R&R studies
· Guide, instruct, and monitor others in inspection or other manufacturing areas, as directed by the Quality Manager
· Participate in or conduct quality training
· Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier quality
· Identify concerns or issues related to the key quality metrics; Drive improvement for reductions in Defective Parts per Million (DPPM), scrap, and cost of poor quality
· Monitor Calibration dates and schedule calibration accordingly
· Lead or participate in 5S and Lean projects
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Education/Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years manufacturing or quality engineering experience, preferably in metal forming.
· Basic knowledge in the application of inspection and test equipment
· Read and interpret blueprints that include Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
· Effective written and verbal communication to include technical writing with the ability to read/understand/apply written instructions, procedures, and technical standards.
· Experience with Minitab preferred.
· Ability to lead or support projects and response teams, lean and six sigma, RCA (root cause), and 8D.
· Experience in Microsoft office suite and ERP, preferably Plex.
· Thorough and meticulous work habits showing a positive attitude, and a high degree of initiative.
· Strong communication skills and follow-up for customer interaction
· Willing to work in both the office and the shop floor