A world leading company has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer at their large complex of manufacturing facilities commutable to the east of the Atlanta, GA metro. This is a high volume manufacturing environment. They offer an attractive benefit package, up to 3% bonus potential as well as relocation assistance.
- Reviews all design drawings and changes, operation sheets, process procedures, test procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals, and inspection analyses to ensure the company’s and customers quality requirements are met on assigned products and programs.
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies for the training of Quality Systems and manufacturing associates on new and existing testing equipment utilized on floor and labs to include but not limited to calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems, Digital Hardness Testers, contour tracers, surface testers, and roundness testers.
- Measure the capacity of testing equipment to meet testing requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain inspection standards for auditing of raw materials and products at different stages in the receiving/manufacturing shipping process.
- Effectively coordinate auditing and documentation of raw materials and products at different stages of the manufacturing process.
- Lead projects to improve quality of processes, products and components as a result of internal/external findings or customer complaints. Perform joint analysis of complex problems with suppliers, design, manufacturing and other departments, to determine root cause and support development of countermeasures.
- Leads or participates in Kaizen activities to analyze and develop countermeasures to customer complaints associated with processes, equipment, and completed parts.
- Initiates and completes all studies, such as CPK, of all parts supplied to the company’s customers.
- Document data, maintain database and develop computerized status reports related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and other process, material or product quality related issues.
- Oversee and monitor activities of the product sorting function and return of defective parts, including problem analysis, training and assignment.
- A bachelor’s degree in related engineering field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience. Proficiency in use of ATS, SPC, FMEA, and knowledge of calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems, and other measuring equipment. (preferably experience in automotive manufacturing environment)
- IATF / TS16949 is needed
- Quality systems experience is required
- Quality audit experience is needed
- Customer-service and detail orientation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven QC technical skills (Capability Studies, APQP, PPAP).
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts.
- Supervisory experience will include two years supervising technical personnel.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Some Access experience preferred.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.