Plant Quality Engineer Summary:
The Quality Engineer will provide support in carrying out Quality Functions to meet customer requirements. They will perform quality engineering reviews/audits of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
Plant Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Utilize core AIAG quality tools (Control Plan, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC) to resolve quality concerns.
- Manage Internal and External quality concerns, Fast Track Response, and pareto analysis of defects, etc.
- Act as customer support and investigate customer complaints.
- Assists with continuous improvement activities, such as S.P.C. and capability studies.
- Assists with TS-16949 activities.
- Manage/interface customer quality system.
- Address supplier quality issues and manage Quality hold area.
- Create and maintain approved PPAP status with all Customers.
- Reviews and decides the disposition of products placed on hold.
- Organizes necessary rework/sorting operations.
- Assists with resolving internal and external quality problems and with implementation of corrective actions.
- Creates, reviews, and updates job books, to ensure proper documentation to set standards and customer product specifications.
- Utilize quality problem solving techniques such as 8D, 5Why, etc.
- Handle Customer and Supplier concerns in appropriate manner.
- Randomly audits problematic jobs and focuses on improvement by working with Manufacturing Team Leaders / Managers.
- Performs audits to support plant function.
- Supervise/manage vendor quality control, and certification of measuring equipment.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge of TS16949 Quality Systems.
- Experience with the APQP system.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Proven technical skills on product and process.
- Experience in Program launch with an automotive manufacturing plant.