- Apply and maintain quality system requirements and standards for sustainability and continual improvement of the manufacturing products.
- Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to functional areas for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Assist in process certification.
- Review customer specific requirements and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop, execute and analyze working with the Plant Manager on quality-reporting measures to the COP’s, SOP’s and MOP’s.
- Report to Quality Director on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits, including second party audits as required.
- Participate and facilitate teams in continual improvement projects of the QMS & VCP where required.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented by utilizing the 24-5-30 process.
- May assist in training material on quality standards and activities.
- Utilizing six sigma skills throughout Lydall for problem solving or continual improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of engineering experience.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of ISO 1725 and ISO9001:2015 standards
- Ability to interpret statistical data for analysis
- Strong time management and priorities management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel. BPCS experience a plus.
- Minitab knowledge and proficiency.
Compensation: $85k – $90k