The Quality Engineer verifies compliance of customer requirements for complex machined products and assemblies and proactively identifies and implements improvements in the Quality Management System.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions to improve overall quality for the organization.
· Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
· Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
· Analyze and report on quality results which will include internal non conformances , customer quality claims, vendor related quality issues.
· Responsible for continuous improvement activities to enhance product or transactional quality or the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
· Develop and deliver training to build quality awareness as appropriate.
· Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure new product launches meet customer quality requirements and internal quality procedures and practices.
· Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
· Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
· Continuously improving QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
· Manage suppliers’ performance and conduct audits.
· Assist Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
· Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends to meet customer needs.
· Performing other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
· Expertise in Root Cause & Corrective Action Process.
· Strong communication skills and ability to lead a diverse team.
· Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
· Expertise in process auditing.
· Experience in supplier quality development.
· Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Strong knowledge of GD&T and metrology.
· Ability to operate inspection, measuring, and test equipment; programming and operating a CMM is a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering/Engineering Technology.
· ISO 9001 Auditor training.
· 5 years of experience in quality related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.