Needs someone with a yarn, spinning, or extrusion background
This is a key position that contributes to the achievement of the company’s objectives supporting and implementing quality improvement activities. This role focuses on identifying process and product improvement opportunities by leading, managing and executing quality initiatives from conception to completion. The QD Lead works closely with manufacturing, continuous improvement, sales, suppliers and customers.
This position is responsible for (This is not a complete job description):
· Collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on quality improvements, enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost
· Planning and scheduling QD activities to accomplish strategic goals
· Directing and training employees in the fundamentals of quality using appropriate process improvement tools and methodologies
· Assisting in the execution of quality projects from conception to completion
· Developing and delivering presentations to all levels of employees and management
· Coaching, training and mentoring teams
· Supporting process improvements that link to the strategic operational directions of the business unit
· Recommending areas for investigation and modes of corrective action and initiate action
· Assigning, directing and assisting in the preparation of workstation and work area layout for new, revised or proposed procedures and equipment
· Recommending changes in methods and equipment deemed necessary to promote process improvement and assist the plants in its quality journey
· Supporting and administering company policies and procedures consistently
· Ensuring good housekeeping in all areas of the facility including manufacturing, distribution, and office areas
· Meet or exceed all performance and productivity standards
· Promoting a safe and healthy work environment on all company property to achieve the best working conditions for all employees and visitors
· Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and company policies and procedures
· Performing other assignments as requested or as business needs require.
· BS degree in Quality Engineering/Process Engineering, or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt, with willingness to further your knowledge in problem solving and continuous improvement methods
· Experience in IATF 16949 quality systems and VDA 6.3 as lead auditor and/or internal auditor
· Must have the ability to manage APQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, Customer Specific Requirements, etc.
· Experience in dealing directly with customers related to customer complaints and 8D problem solving method
· Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus. This position requires the candidate to have the ability and willingness to travel throughout the Americas, will work with suppliers, subsidiaries, and customers.
· Textile experience, in sewing thread manufacturing preferred. Basic knowledge of sewing processes a plus.
• Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Demonstrated success coaching/training quality tools and concepts to include root cause analysis (8D).
• Expert in SPC and statistical process capability analysis, able to negotiate capable and fair product specifications with customer’s supplier quality engineers.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and provide expected results.
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Work cooperatively, courteously, and respectfully with all team members, vendors, and visitors.
• Follow verbal and written instructions.
• Comply with company processes and procedures.
• Successfully complete drug and background screenings