The analyst position is key in maintaining the quality of incoming ingredients, in line product, and finished product. This person shall report any non conformance of finished product to the QA Supervisor or Manager.
- Collect samples of ingredients, products or packages and monitor test according to established procedures
- monitor processes to ensure they are operating consistently
- document neatly and precisely all results
- Label and maintain samples of ingredients and samples for retains and shelf life monitoring
- organize collected data for management review.
- maintain lab equipment in a clean and orderly fashion
- communicate non compliant results immediately to management
- monitor plant for compliance to GMP’s
- recommend methods to improve processes to reduce waste, improve productivity, improve quality and/or consistency
- accurately weigh colors, flavors and other small ingredients; test R&D samples for Food Safety & specification development.
- Key contacts with: QA associates, production, shipping and receiving, customer services and some supplier contact.
- BS or BA degree in Chemistry, biology, and microbiology or food science Preferred.
- 1+ year of experience as a quality assurance analyst in a food industry preferred.
- Written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Be able to work and contribute in a team environment
- Training and troubleshooting skills.