This position is with a top company located near a ton of outdoor recreational activities. Close proximity to Glacier National Park, skiing, boating, fishing, hiking and many other outdoor activities make this a wonderful area.
As the QC/Technical Manager you will provide technical expertise to support the plant from a product performance, customer expectation and product quality standpoint.
- Fill in for Mill Manager in his/her absence, at times, as part of the mill leadership team.
- Leading lab staff & procedures including:
- Optimizing and maintaining recipes for products
- Claims reporting and resolution
- Maintaining the Quality Management System and 3rd party accreditations
- Ensuring lab instrumentation is calibrated and verified for product and process key variables
- Problem solving on an as needed basis (serving as the lead technical resource)
- Maintaining relationships with 3rd parties i.e. vendors, certification bodies, customers.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in safety, housekeeping, waste reduction, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction and cost management in the lab and QC department.
- Actively involved in the development of team members through training, coaching and regular performance evaluations of lab personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, or a related field is required. An advanced technical degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Engineered wood products preferred.
- 5+ years technical experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership & supervisory skills and experience
- Demonstrated success in working with customers, direct reports, peers, other employees.
- Travel to customers to understand customer’s business, address quality issue(s), and work with customers to improve product performance for their applications when needed
- Team oriented and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be proactive in process improvements and have excellent follow-through in meeting commitments.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience with industrial statistics and statistical analysis.
- Capable of managing multiple projects with strong organizational skills with very close attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinker, enthusiastic and positive approach towards team members and work.
- Ability to meet timelines and deal tactfully and courteously with business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of quality control techniques and wood technology measurements.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and engage with associates