Start up biotech company in Bay Area is seeking a Protein Engineering Scientist to design and build high-content protein libraries using rational engineering methodologies. This exciting new company is developing a proprietary technology platform to target various regenerative pathways critical for the establishment of complex diseases.
Requirements for the Protein Engineering Scientist:
- PhD in molecular biology, genetics or related fields.
- 2+ years industry or post-doc experience
- A strong background in practical protein engineering, protein evolution, rational design methods, and an understanding of protein chemistry.
- A solid understanding and experience in computational modeling of protein structure and domain analysis.
- Prior experience setting up of high-throughput pipelines to functionally readout a large pool of protein variants, adoption of saturation mutagenesis strategy, or continuous directed evolution
- A track record of accomplishment and publications in protein engineering
- Creative mindset with a willingness to propose new approaches and ideas to improve the performance of specific proteins
- Exceptional molecular biology skills (molecular cloning, DNA and RNA handling etc.
- Background or knowledgable in DNA- and histone-binding proteins and their modifications preferred
- CRISPR experience preferred
Responsibilities of the Protein Engineering Scientist:
Design and build high-content protein libraries using rational engineering methodologies
Use in vitro selection technologies to isolate proteins with desired properties
Optimize engineered proteins and antibodies through directed engineering efforts
Characterize engineered proteins in vivo biochemical assays
Develop screening assays (in vitro and in vivo) and selection methods for engineered protein variants
Document experiments and data
Occupational Category:19-1029. Biological Scientists, All Other
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer